Saturday, December 2, 2017

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Winter Wonderland

Happy December, Ai Fans! We are welcoming the first weekend of the month with another roundup of our favorite watercolor projects from our Watercolor Guest Design team! Let's get into the swing of winter with these snowy projects. Check them out!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I've made a Christmas card for this Watercolor Weekend using a cabin from the new 4962 - WC Rustic Cabins Set. I also used the tree from the WC Tree Set - 4269 and the fence from the 4807 - Old Barn Set. I used some Zig Wink of Stella to add glitter to the snow. I used Glossy Accents on the lights and Nuvo Crystal Drops on the trees to add sparkle. I used a Uni-ball Signo pen to add the snow to the sky.

Tricia KennedyInstagram
My “Merry Christmas Ornament” for today’s Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend is a perfect gift to make this holiday season.

To begin, either hand write, stamp or print Merry Christmas 2017 on your watercolor paper. I opted to print it. Cut out a 3” circle with Merry Christmas 2017 to the right, leaving room to stamp to the left. Stamp about ¾ of the tree trunk from the WC Fir Trees Set in 45 Sepia. Build the tree using the two straight fir boughs from the WC Fir Trees Set in 72 Pine Green. Stamp the large bough straight up on the top of the tree trunk then the small bough four times below on each side of the tree trunk and then the large bough at the very bottom on both sides of the tree trunk. Pull the color with your watercolor brush and water. Place about a tablespoon snow flakes and about a ½ teaspoon jumbo glitter in the ornament. Run a thin line of strong liquid glue on the edge of the ornament. Attach the watercolored piece to the ornament. Run another thin line of liquid glue where the ornament and paper meet. Let dry. Tie a piece of the Christmas plaid ribbon into a bow and glue on the top and let dry. Finally attach a piece of jute into the ornament and tie for the hanger. Shake the ornament to get the glitter and snow to move around.

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 72 Pine Green, 45 Sepia
Other: Art Minds 3” Plastic Craft Ornament (comes in two pieces, each ornament requires only one piece), Celebrate It 3/8” Christmas Plaid Ribbon, Jute, Buffalo Frosty Snow Flakes, Tree House Jumbo Disco Glitter, Edwardian Script Font and strong liquid glue.

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
I started out stamping the puppy (which I used a stamp positioner to get him straight) with Sepia. I pulled the color out of the lines. I added some color to my palette and filled him in. I darkened in his ears, eyes and nose with the fine tip of the marker. I decided to draw in a color and cuffs to make him look like he was wearing a sweater. I added some white gel pen dots to jazz it up. I created a mask and used it to protect him.

Using my stamp positioner, I stamped the bench over the masked puppy. I didn't ink up the area where the snow is on the bench. I pulled the color out of the lines and added some squiggly lines with my Sepia and darkened some areas. I drew in a wavy line for the lights and added some English Red, African Violet, Brilliant Yellow and Pine Green circles to make them look like lights.

I inked up the tree trunk with Sepia and the small top of the Fir tree and stamped it to the right of the bench. I added the light to the left leaving off where the wreath would be. I added Brilliant Yellow to the lamp and on a few areas on the snow. I added some masking fluid where the wreath would be to be able to add some ornaments. I then used the positioner to stamp the wreath in Pine Green. I added African Violet and English Red ornaments to the wreath.

Using the fine tip of my African Violet I drew in some the snow and pulled the color above the line to leave the snow white but it creates a shadow. I used African Violet to create the sky.

I cut the picture out with the stitched rectangle die and mounted it on a piece of Gina K Designs Cranberry Tart cardstock. I added the Season's Greetings sentiment which is also from Gina K.
Art Impressions Products: 4034 WC Series 8 Set 14959 WC Dogs Set4965 WC Bench Set

Such beautiful winter cards from three talented artists! Do you like what you see? Be sure to comment below! When you have a craving for more sweet inspiration like this, look up our designer's personal blogs for even more projects! Plus, you can find them on Instagram or other social media and follow them there, too:

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

We hope these wintery projects have inspired your creations this weekend! Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Monika Gulyas said...

Beautiful watercolour cards!!! I love the Christmas bauble too!!!

Karen Day said...

Every post, I'm astounded by what you ladies create! That ornament - so fun! Dot - your lights on the house and the decorations on the tree are brilliant. And the sweater on the puppy is the cutest idea ever :o)

Unknown said...

I love the cards, so beautiful

Cheri Burry said...

Wow I love them all! You ladies are so talented!

smallcity said...

They are all sooooo beautiful ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Jil Lebel said...

I look forward to this weekend feature. You three impress & amaze me every time. I just can't get over that puppy wearing a sweater!