Saturday, December 1, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Wreaths Three Ways!

Happy Saturday, Ai Fans! Get ready to cozy up with a cuppa and enjoy these wintery watercolor scenes from our fabulous design team! Dot, Tricia K. and Tricia O. have three beautiful and different projects to inspire your holiday creations. Let's take a peek!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I have been busy making Christmas cards since I usually mail out 30-40 handmade cards. I imagined this farmer went out and cut his own tree and dragged it back with his tractor for this country Christmas card made for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. I used the tractor from the 5059 - WC Harvest Set and the barn and fence from the 5011 - WC Truck Mini Set. The tree is from the 4960 WC Fir Trees Set. I added some sparkle to the snow with a Wink of Stella glitter pen. I drew the little wreath on the barn using the fine tips of the Marvy pens. I used a white Uni-ball Signo pigment pen to make the snow. 

Other Supplies: Wink of Stella glitter penUni-ball Signo pigment pen, Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My project for today’s Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend, “Holiday Wreath”, is a perfect gift to make this holiday season.

Being by tracing the outline of the ornament on watercolor paper twice (this is a double sided ornament). Draw a 1” circle in the middle of each piece. Stamp the small straight pine bough around the 1” until you have achieved a full wreath. Repeat. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from the lines. Add red and silver drops of glitter glaze, let dry. Cut out, glue back to back and place inside the ornament. Tie holiday ribbon at the top and enjoy!

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 72 Pine Green
Other Products: 80mm Ornament from Michaels, Queen and Company Red Twinkle Glitter Glaze, Queen and Company Silver Twinkle Glitter Glaze, Ribbon, Xyron Tape Runner

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Til the season for wonderful winter wonderland projects. My favorite time of the year! My watercolor weekend project showcases the bench and light from the Light to my Path Set. I added the sleeping deer from the Mini Critter Set and the wreath from the Wooden Door Set. The Christmas Bench is a really simple way to create a snowy scene perfect for your Christmas Cards!

To begin I stamped the sleeping deer with Sepia and pulled the color lightly out of the lines. I continued to slowly build up the color adding Brown as well with my watercolor palette. To add the white details, I used my Uni-Ball white gel pen. I created a mask and covered the deer. 

Next I used Sepia and African Violet (on the pole and light) and stamped the Light to my Path bench and light. I pulled the color out of the lines and added some additional color to the bench, light and pole. I stamped the wreath in Pine Green onto the pole and added Crimson Lake to it once I softened the lines. I also drew in a bow. 

To create the snow, I added African Violet randomly around the background and underneath the deer. I mixed Black and African Violet and added it to the background. I also added some Brilliant Yello to the lantern and the sky. I also added some Brilliant Yellow highlights on the snow and in the sky. Once everything was dry I added some additional snow in the sky and over the project using my Sharpie white paint pen and uni-ball white gel pen. I then added some Wink of Stella clear shimmer over the deer and snow. 

I am so excited to get some of my Christmas cards done and hope you will show us what you come up with. We hope that we have inspired you! 

Scor-Pal Scor-Buddy Mini Scoring Board, 9 by 7.5-InchWink of Stella Glitter Clear Brush Pen – ClearSharpie Paint Marker white extra fineUni-Ball Signo Broad Point Gel Impact Pen White

Thanks, designers! Your projects have us dreaming of a white Christmas! We love how each of you used a wreath in your project in a different way, from a teeny tiny wreath on a barn, to a wreath over a light post, to a wreath ornament! It is so fun to see the same motif customized for any project. If you'd like to share your projects with us, be sure to tag us with #aistamps and #aiwatercolor on Instagram so we can take a peek at what you create! Til next time, have a great weekend!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: