Monday, April 29, 2019

You Brighten My Day Watercolor Card by Carol Hintermeier

Happy Monday Ai Fans!

Today I have one of my favorite type of cards to have on hand--one that I can use for many different reasons to send to a special person!  It's also my favorite type because it's watercoloring the Ai way!! In February I had the pleasure of attending an Ai Watercolor Class at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo.  I also got to visit Art Impressions' beautiful booth and picked up this awesome WC Jars Set.  This was my first time playing with it and it was so relaxing to just color!


After I stamped and watercolored everything I cut the image out with a Hexagon Double Stitched Die and then used that die and the next larger one to cut out frames from the watercolor paper three times.     After I glued them together, I used the same blue that I used on the pitcher to color the frame.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention I used the WC Stamp Positioner to make sure I stamped the decorative flourish in just the right spot on the pitcher.


I adhered the frame to my white card panel and then glue the stamped image inside.  Such a simple, but sweet, card to make!


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!!


Tombow markers:  177 Dark Jade, 743 Hot Pink, 565 Deep Blue
Marvy marker:  100 Sapphire

No comments: