Saturday, September 17, 2022

Watercolor Weekend 9-17-2022

 Hello Ai fans!

It's a Watercolor Weekend and you're going to be so excited when you see what our Watercolor Design Team created!



First up this week is Tricia.

She created a Southwest scene.

Hello Watercolor Fans, welcome back to another Watercolor Weekend.  For this weekend, I decided to create a Southwest card.  This one is so simple and comes together quickly.  Let me tell you all about it.


First, I started out by stamping the pot in the foreground.  I inked it up with 969, I didn’t need to stamp it off as I was going to fill it in with darker colors.  I pulled the color out of the lines.  Adding some 969 to my palette, I layered color on top of color until I was happy with the results.  Next, I masked off the top of the pot, inked up one of the cacti from the Desert Succulent stamp set with 249, and stamped it into the center of the pot.  I pulled the color out of the lines and added some additional color from my palette.  I also added some pink to a few of the leaves. Once it was dry, I added some small grass beneath the pot and pulled the color out of the lines.

Next, I moved onto the house in the midground by inking it up with 969 and stamping it to the middle right of the pot.  I stamped it and pulled the color out of the lines, keeping the sides really dark.  I added some additional color from my palette.  I added some color beneath the house to ground it.  Once that dried I took a small tree stamp from the Desert set and stamped it a few times around the house.  You can pull the color out of these (as I often do) or just leave them as is, artist preference. 

For the Mesa, I inked up the smaller Mesa with (yup) 969, this one I did stamp off so that is was lighter, which recedes it into the background.  I added some additional color to the Mesa and below it.  To give it a bit more dimension, I pulled the color out of the sides of the Mesa into the background.  I used some 565 to add some water to the top right of the house and to the sky.  That’s it.  I signed and dated my work.

I used my stitched rectangle die to cut it out, glued it to a piece of Gina K Design Christmas pine card stock using connect glue.  I added the entire piece to a white note card.

I hope you enjoyed this weekends Watercolor inspiration and we hope that you will join us next time.  Have a crafty day!


Next up we have Karen who has a beautiful little cabin by a stream.

Hello Ai Watercolour fans!

I am using the new: 5577 - Stone Bridge Simple Scene to make a fall painting today. 


I coloured the entire scene with Tombow # N65 for a lighter outline, and stamped my cabin from 5262 WC Mini Cabins Set with the help of my positioner.  I painted washes of #158 and #946 on all the hillsides, and added shades of #977, 992 and 565 to the sandy banks.  The stream was done with layers of #493.  I mixed #856 with a little brown to make a duller red shade for the cabin, and did tones of #N65 to paint the chimney and the stone bridge, Using the 5372 - WC Mini Foliage set, I added fall trees around the cabin using #879 and #946, then with #158, I used the background line of trees image to add greenery on the hillsides.  The positioner helped to place the fence from 5371 - WC Barn Set perfectly behind the cabin.  To place some foliage in the foreground, I used flowers from 5475 - WC Flower Set 6 in #158/565 with grasses from 5007 - WC Foliage Set 3.  To balance out the deep blue, I used #565 with the tiny flowers in 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set to place flowers around the cabin, and along the bank of the stream.  #526 was painted in as the sky, and I die cut out the entire scene with my 5061 - Square Double Stitched Die.  After matting and adhering it to my background, I added a sentiment that was stamped on one of the 5133 Flag Double Stitched dies.






Dot will wrap things up for us this weekend.
You'll love her beautiful barn scene.

Hello,
I'm so in love with the brand new Art Impression's 5567 Victorian House and Barn Set. I've always loved barns and have renewed my love of barns by redecorating my dining room in a barn theme recently. If you don't have the 5561 Birds and Bugs set that comes with dies, you must get it! You know how you just feel you need a little something alive on your scene? These are so fun to color and add some dimension with foam tape! Bonnie Krebs, Owner/Creator of Ai has a tutorial on Facebook on the birds and bugs. Check it out. 


To make this card, first ink the barn and fence with the Tombow 565 and then the 969 and stamp it off on scratch paper before stamping it onto your watercolor paper. Pull the color out of the lines. Ink the flowers from the 5008 Flower Set 3 in 026 and stamp them in front of the fence posts. Then ink the foliage from the 5126 Foliage Set 4 in 947 and stamp them over the other flowers. Ink the tree from the 4808 Covered Bridge Mini Set in 969 and stamp it by the barn. Next use the foliage from the 4051 Foliage Set 1 inked in 3 colors, 993, 933 and 947 to make your leaves on the tree. Add water. Color the barn with 969 and 526. Create the windows with the fine tip of theTombow TwinTone pen. Use a pencil and ruler to make the lines on the white part of the barn. Use the Dr Ph Martin's white paint to add the exes on the barn doors. Ink the smallest foliage in the 4867 Foliage Set 2 in 947 to make the bushes by the barn. color the ground with 947 and 026. Color the sky with the 526. Don't forget your bird and butterfly and cut it out with the 5063 A2 Double Stitched Die Set.


Supplies used:
12b684ea-08e2-4be7-b619-44fa69dc7bf4.jpg


We hope you enjoyed all of this wonderful inspiration!
Don't forget, we have our It's Fall Y'all challenge currently on the blog.
Click here if you'd like to enter your creation!



We hope you all have a fun and crafty weekend!


1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! You three continuously knock it out of the park! Beautiful creations!!