Saturday, May 27, 2023

It's Been a Tough Day! by Janet


Have you ever felt like this lady? Oh, I know you have. Many times. Maybe even today! I'm feeling this way right now. My baby is graduating from High School and I'm on a terror cleaning up the house and getting ready for his open house. Between work and preparations, this pretty well represents me about 9 PM lately. Oh well. It's a small price to pay for having a happy celebration. I will say I have something a little stronger in that cup than coffee! Don't judge. My knees hurt! LOL.

This stamp is called 5518-Hot Mess Laugh Lines. I also used the 5061-Square Double Stitched Dies to cut out the main image and the mat. The sentiment is from the set. I cut it out with a die in the 5543-Journal Template Die Set. It's just one of several sentiment dies that are useable beyond journals.

Once in a while, I like to paper piece something into a stamped image. Today I stamped, cut out, and glued in the pattern for the chair with patterned paper. In this case, the paper pattern is way better than I could draw and color and I think it adds a lot to the image. It's very simple to do and has a great effect. I used a leftover piece of the paper under the image to tie it all together. I had a relatively small piece so I tore the edge at the bottom and cut a small piece off the top of it. Then I glued the thin piece at the top to give the illusion that it's underneath the whole image. It's a great way to fool the eye when you're short of paper! It can also save you from wasting paper by covering most of it up!

Copic Markers Used:
Jeans: B95, B93, B00
Top: E47, E44, E43
Shoes: C1, C0
Skin: E01, E00, E000
Cup: YR24, YR16, YR14

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs. 

Wishing you a very crafty day!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

Janet Congratulations on the Graduation of your youngest. I remember feeling like you are at the end of the day when my children graduated. Working and preparing for out of town family coming to share the celebration with us. And preparing for the open house. Even though I was exhausted at the end of the day I have wonderful memories of those days. And we have created even more wonderful memories since then. Your card captures that feeling very accurately. Love your card.

SugarShine Designs said...

Thank you Deb! I agree that it's all worth it in the end. Thanks for your kind and encouraging comment about my card. Janet

Sharon Caudle said...

This card is fabulous, Janet! I don't think there's a woman alive that couldn't relate to it! Awesome!