Thursday, September 14, 2023

Fall into Fall Challenge #360

Hello everyone!  We have a new challenge beginning today.  I had to Google it to see if I was rushing things...lol.  Turns out the official start of Fall is during this challenge so, it's all good!
Fall begins on...
Sat, Sep 23, 2023, 2:49 AM
Eastern Time

I won't be awake to experience it, but I will enjoy seeing all of your Fall themed handmade projects!
Our new challenge is called Fall into Fall.  We want to see any Fall themed crafty project.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall leaves or whatever says Fall to you!



Before we check out Mercy's gorgeous card and picture tutorial she made as our featured artist for this challenge, let's see who won our Feeling Blue challenge.

For our Top Spot, we selected Cat L.
She made two cards.  One features the retired Gossip Club and on the other she used 5346 – Birdhouse Cubbies Set.







Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!

Now for our Lucky Random Winner.
#22 Debbie Hedges
She used the new 5794 – Whimsical Flowers set.




Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!


Now for the MAIN FEAUTURE!

Mercy has a dies only card with the exception of her sentiment.
Art Impressions has added some fabulous die sets over the last two years!


Here we are starting a new challenge, all about fall!   My favorite season! I love the feel, smell and colors of autumn.   But if I had to chose, the two things that stand out the most for me are the harvest festivals and fall leaves.   Both so fun.    In today's card I am using a newly released die set, the Fall Leaf Frame Die Set.  I decided to use this staple set as the "main" character, not combined with any other set and I loved the results.  Let's take a look,


For this project, I used a technique I don't often apply but equally enjoy, paper piecing.    As shown below I did not cut apart the frame set.  I die cut the first piece in yellow cardstock and removed the center and outer pieces from the frame.

Following this step I repeated the process using red cardstock except I only removed the centerpiece part of the die.  Then I adhered the two pieces together as shown below.


I proceeded to stamp the sentiment.   In addition, I die cut the frame using different color cardstock.


Following the previous step, I overlaid the center cut out as a guide to adhere the "floating die pieces".


I avoided the area where the sentiment was stamped and added a few extra layers to some of the leaves and the mushroom.   Finally I used Glossy Accent on selected elements.

I love this card, it's fun and pretty easy to create.   Hope you have a lovely day and will see you next time!



✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation. You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!


Join our challenge by linking up below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

Congratulations to the winners of the Feeling Blue challenge. Cute cards.

Cat said...

Oh my goodness! So excited! Thank you!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work DT