Saturday, August 24, 2024

Beach Babes Rule by Janet

 

Greeting! Today I'm here with a summer card that I hope will give you grin. I do love Ai's people and the Girlfriend's line is always good for a laugh. This set is called Beach Babes SC0653. As a lady of a certain age, I can easily image myself in these girls although I don't particularly look like any of them. Rather, they reflect my attitude and way of looking at life and this set doesn't disappoint! After stamping it, I loosely drew and colored a sidewalk or cement deck for the chairs to rest on. It's pretty basic but it works for a cartoon style of card that this is.

I colored the three ladies and then used a die from the 5062 Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies to cut it out. I cut out an oval out of orange cardstock using 5065 Oval Double Stitched Dies. Then I cut another rounded rectangle out in blue cardstock. I cut a rectangle with my paper cutter out of 5892 Easter S2 PP. The pattern of loose stripes and colors reminds me of the beach. 

I made an A2 side-folding card out of Kraft cardstock. Next came the patterned paper, then the largest rounded rectangle and the oval on top of that. I adhered the ladies slightly high on the card front, leaving enough room for the sentiment. I added round pale blue and clear jewels to each corner to finish it off. I don't know about you, but it makes me want to grab a couple friends and visit a pool deck!

Thanks so much for joining me here today. Please visit the Ai store for the sets I used and all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a great weekend!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

 

2 comments:

Keely Lowe said...

So much fun!! Beautiful card.

Sharon Caudle said...

OOOOOH!! This is FABULOUS!! LOVE your bright, fun colors, Janet!!