Saturday, August 17, 2024

It’s a Spooky Halloween by Janet

Hello Art Impression Fans! I was so excited to see a brand new Halloween set for this fall. Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays to create cards for. Though I’m not into the scary stuff, I do love all the many cute Halloween and fall sets in the Ai store. Today I’ve used 5934-Spooky Crew Set. It includes a spooky house and tree which I used on my card front. Inside I used one of the four adorable critters. Isn't this mouse precious? The set also includes five sentiments. I used two of them in my card.


This card also fits the current challenge, “Keep Calm and Celebrate On.” It's easy to participate in. Any card that celebrates any occasion or holiday qualifies. Go HERE to learn more and find the link to post your card. You might win a free set from Art Impressions! I had the pleasure of being the featured artist for the challenge so check my project out too while you are there.

To start this card, I do what I usually do which is to pick the background paper. Then I picked up colors in it for my images. Since it has tiny raised stars, I felt it could work for a night scene even though there is so much white in it. I colored the house, tree, the adorable mouse, and two accessories - the pumpkin top and a witches hat. Those last two items fit perfectly on the mouse’s head. I chose to put the pumpkin top at the base so that it appears that the mouse popped it off the pumpkin and crawled in. I put the witch hat on his head. It’s hard to get cuter than that! If you aren’t a fan of mice, there are three other choices - a frog, owl, or a cat. There’s definitely something for everyone in this set!

Once the stamped images were colored, I cut them out using the included dies. I also cut grass for use on the front and the back. I inked up the grass that I cut for the front. This helps the layers have a bit more dimension. I tucked the house in the grass and placed the tree next to it. Then to promote the idea of a night scene, I used the 5726 - Nested Circle Die Set to cut a bright green and orange moon, stacked them together, and stamped the sentiment. Then I placed it just under the top of the roof. I added a small purple polka dot bow and three purple gems to finish the front. 

Inside I glued in a second piece of grass and tucked in the mouse and pumpkin. SOOOO cute! I glued the hat on his head and tucked the pumpkin top in the grass. Last, I stamped a sentiment. I couldn’t be happier with how this project turned out!

 As always, thanks for joining me here today. Don't forget to post your Keep Calm and Celebrate On card to our challenge. It's a great way to win free sets. Visit the Ai store for the sets I used and all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a great weekend!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments: