Hello Crafty Fiends and Happy Watercolor Weekend!
Today, I want to share two projects that are completely different in purpose.
For the first project, a friend asked me to create a masculine watercolor birthday card for her husband. Knowing he loves the ocean and owns a boat, I designed the card with that theme in mind.
To start, I used the lighthouse and cliff stamps from the Light of the World set (6126). I inked everything except the tree using Tombow markers 969 and 565, and stamped the tree using Tombow marker 177. I then pulled the colors from the stamp and painted the lighthouse and the cliff.
Next, I painted the tree and some background foliage using branches from the Branches Set (4964) and the Large Tree Set (5373). I also added the sky.
To add the ocean, I drew a line and masked the sky to create a straight horizon. I built up the ocean using different shades of blue, and then added a few wave lines using bleed-proof white. I kept it looking like a calm ocean without too much foam or waves.
For the sentiment, I used the Large Letter Die Set (5910) to cut the letters "HPPY" three times—twice in white and once in blue. I layered and glued them together with the blue letters on top. For the letter "A", I used the sailboat from the Sail Mini Dies set (5325). I added a few lines to one of the sails using a red marker (856) and a little gray for shadow. Finally, I added a "Birthday" stamp and cut a coordinating blue mat to be glued around the card.I am really happy with how this card turned out, and I hope you like it, too!
My second card: Thinking of You card
I want to share the details of the second card I made. I am making this card for a friend who is going through a difficult time, and I hope it brings a smile to her face and lets her know that I am thinking of and praying for her.
Since she loves birds, I designed this card specifically with her in mind:
- Background & Stamping: I started by sketching the paper using the die from Story Tile Die Set (#6158) and then stamped the birds from the Mercy Set (#6216). I left one space open for a sentiment from the Cottage Charm Set (#6179).
- Painting: To give the birds a realistic look, I researched different sparrow species online for reference. Once the painting was dry, I applied a thin layer of Distress Glaze to seal it.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope these cards inspire your own creations. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment