Saturday, October 1, 2022

Frankly, I Think You're Awesome!

 If you're a fan of Halloween and over the top cuteness, then you will love the new 5506 Peek-a-Boo Set. The images in this set just make you smile.

This is a pop-up card style that creates lots of dimension but still allows the card to be flat and put in a card envelope. The minute the card comes out of the envelope, it pops up so that the background is about 1/2" from the front of the card. It's really cool in person because the webs and bats cast a shadow on the background. Sharon Caudle created a similar pop-up card style this past Thursday. We were inspired by Jennifer McGuire and her recent video showing this technique. The acetate window makes it a little hard to photograph without a lot of glare but I managed to get this view of it.

I inked up the A2 background panel using Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet with Black Soot on the edges. I added stars by splattering Dr. Ph. Martins Bleed Proof White ink on the panel. I cut an A2 sized front panel in black and cut a rectangle into the center of it it using the 5063 Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies. I cut the green scalloped frame and added it to the panel. I cut a slightly smaller acetate rectangle from recycled packaging and glued it to the back of the front panel. I used the 6452 Web Dies Set to cut several webs, pumpkin and spiders and glued them to the front panel. Then I attached the front panel to the back by creating accordion-style pop-up mechanisms on each side before connecting the front and back panels with the mechanism. The completed pop up piece was glued to the front of a black A2 card front. The result is a super pop-up card with absolutely no bulk. Here's a peak at the pop-up side mechanism from the side.

In this close-up you can better feel for the height and dimension this card style creates. The spider web and bat shadows are a neat effect.

I colored Frank, the Vampire and cat in the stamp set and cut them out. I also stamped and cut out the sentiment from the set. I arranged the pieces as shown and adhered them with liquid glue.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit the Ai Store and check out all the great fall and Thanksgiving sets available.

Wishing you a very crafty day!

Janet Facebook Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest   

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

So stinkin' adorable, Janet!! Love it!!