Saturday, September 16, 2023

SPOOKY Ghost w/Banner by Janet


I've been waiting for September and fall cardmaking. Halloween is something I've always enjoyed and Ai has many cute sets to work with. I recently added this one to my collection. It's 5190 Fright Night Set. This set has three adorable images of ghosts and other cute critters. I'll definitely be using this set again before Halloween is here!

I wanted a background that would be suggestive of ghosts so I chose a Hero Arts Swirl Stencil. I used orange and black glitter paste and mixed the colors lightly together approximately in the middle of a 4" x 5 1/4" gray panel. While it dried, I stamped and colored the ghost with the Halloween banner. I also colored the word Spooky which is in the set. I cut these images out and mounted the ghost on a black scalloped mat with a silver pattern. I cut a free form white matt for the black scallopo and glued them together. I also added purple inking on the edges to help it stand out. I cut the Spooky letters out and glued them on to a piece of vellum. I free form cut this out too. Last I cut a vertical border using a slice of paper from the 5605 Halloween Journal Paper Pack and glued it to a slightly larger gold foil strip.

To put this together, I glued the strip vertically on the card. Then I placed the finished ghost panel and the Spooky word. To further decorate it, I added purple strip gems to the top and bottom border. The finished panel was then glued to a top fold A2 white card base. I inked the edges of it with purple ink to match the square ghost panel. I love how the background really makes the ghost stand out and take center stage on the card. This has a lot of shine too!

Thanks so much for joining me here today. I hope our team will inspire you with many Halloween card ideas this season! Visit the store to see the entire Halloween collection! If you enjoy the season, you will be sure to find several sets that will get you creative ideas going.


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Spooktacular card, Janet!! Your background is super cool!!