Saturday, March 16, 2024

*NEW* Peeking Bunny Set by Janet

 

Every once in a while, Art Impressions puts out a set that I fall madly for and the new 5870-Peaking Bunny Set is one of those. Please RUN and get this set because it is stuffed with fantastic Easter images and dies that cleverly maximize them. Each image is sized so it can carry a card by itself but used together...oh my! You will love this one. 

This is a 4" try-fold card base made from a piece of white 12 x 12 cardstock. Once the 4 x 12 strip was cut, I scored it at the 4" and 8" marks and folded it in a zig zag fashion. Then I cut a circle out of the front panel using the 5726-Nested Circle Set. I cut a pink frame for this window using the circle set as well. Next I stamped and colored the bunny twice, the bunny butt, the paint brush, the Easter basket and the tulips. The die for the rabbit cuts out the paws so they can be hooked on to the three main images in this set which include the basket, tulips, and an adorable wagon full of chicks and eggs. The dies cut invisible slits that work perfectly to hang the bunny and the bunny butt on. It's genius and soooo cute! I also used papers from the new 5892- Easter S2 Paper Pack throughout the card.

When closed, the card shows the Easter basket through the window. I free-handed the rainbow paint and stamped the sentiment that's included in the set on it. I though it would be fun to make it appear that the colors came from the paint brush. Once I colored the paint swatch, I coated it with a clear glitter pen. I hung the rabbit over the edge of the circle so that he's peeking out from inside the card. I also cut a tab from the 5591-Journal Rectangle Frames Set for fun. Enamel dots were added for additional decoration. 


On the backside of the window front, I made a wreath using sprigs cut from another die in the Journal Rectangle Frames and glued a second bunny over the back of the bunny that shows in the front. It works because they are near identical shaped when flipped. This way, another cute colored bunny is inside instead of a blank one. Since his hands are cut, I slipped an egg into his paws for a little extra bit of cuteness.


The next panel is the Easter Basket you see through the window. I decorated the eggs with metallic acrylic paint pens to make them a little more fun to look at. Just like real eggs, you can decorate or not decorate them any way you choose. So fun!


The last panel shows off the tulips in a pot. I placed the bunny butt in this which again hangs off of an invisible slit that the die cuts into the top of the pot for this purpose. If you didn't want to hang the bunny from it, the slit doesn't show. The basket also has a slit at the basket edge but you can't tell it's there. Before I glued the pot into the card, I cut three nested circles to create a background. It's an echo of the circle on the card front and enhances the image with more patterns and color.


This makes a darling Easter display on a shelf and you can still add your personal message to the back of the tulip panel for a personal touch.

I hope you enjoyed seeing 5870-Peeking Bunny Set in action. It's a must have set for Easter! Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. 

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

2 comments:

Deb H. said...

Janet this card is absolutely adorable. So many things I like about. Especially the bright colors and the paint brush on the front Wi a swatch of color flowing behind it.

Sharon Caudle said...

Janet this card is so cute!! I really love how you did the sentiment on the front with the paint brush!! Adorable!!