Saturday, December 17, 2022

Watercolor Weekend 12-17-22 TOP 5 of the year!

 Hello Ai fans!

It's our final Watercolor Weekend of the year!




In the past our Daily Design Team has always chosen their Top 10 cards each year to share with you.
This year, we've invited our Watercolor Design Team to do the same.  Since they make less cards, they've selected their Top 5 to share.

Before we begin our Top 5 we have some news to share.  It's with a heavy heart that we let you know, Dot Freel will be leaving our WC DT.  Today is her last post.  She has been with us for many years, in fact, she is an original Watercolor Weekend Designer.  Dot is SO amazingly talented and has always been such a joy to work with.  She's professional and supportive of all her teammates.  It's difficult to picture a Watercolor Weekend without her work.  As a tribute to her the WW DT and I have each selected our all time favorite Dot cards to share in addition to her Top 5.

You will be missed dearly Dot but we know how powerful your need to create is and that we'll be seeing you on your social media and in the Ai Way.

We'll start with Dot's Top 5 and then share our favorite cards she's made.
She selected these five cards as her favorites this year.
All you need to do is click on the photo and you'll be taken to the original post to see how these cards were made.  Enjoy!







We LOVE all of Dot's choices, especially the farm scenes which are what I believe Dot does best.  I know some people are partial to her patriotic cards, some her nautical cards and others have their favorites but I think her farm scenes are the absolute best.



Now...I know we said we were going to choose our favorite Dot card of all time but in the end, we couldn't choose just one.  Here are Karen's favorite cards.  Thank you Karen for thinking of this idea.  I know Dot will be touched.

Karen loved her Quilt Shop and Bait Shop the most.

Here's Karen's message to Dot...

There's one thing that you need to know about Dot.  She has THE BEST IDEAS!  Her patriotic cards, her Simple Scenes are all wonderful - but when these Large Shops debuted in 2020, Dot turned them into a Quilt Shop (and a Bait Shop - you need to see it!).  Such creativity, I'm sure we'll see her artwork around here often in the future.  It's been a treat working with her.




Reneé (that's me) chose her Sweet Shop and what I call her Little House on the Prairie card.
That one brought back so many memories for me.





Tricia initially chose these two, but tried to narrow it down to one.  We decided we needed to share both.
Here's the message from Tricia.

Now, for the big reveal.  I love Dot's style and it was so hard to choose just one, so I went with this awesome colorful 4th of July card.



Diane Mason chose this snowman card.  I apologize. I can't find the link for this one.
Why did Diane get to choose a card?  Hmmm....you'll have to wait and see.



I didn't think to ask Bonnie for her all time favorite card and I'm sorry Dot.  I know she would have a ton to choose from.  Just know how much Bonnie appreciated all of your hard work and talent!



Wow!  I'm not crying. YOU'RE crying.
Just because you've never met someone in person, doesn't mean you aren't friends.
We've chatted with Dot on a weekly basis for years and will miss that.
Best of luck and please stay in touch!

Now for the rest of the Design Team.
Next up we have Tricia's Top 5.

We love all of her choices too!  We're going to just assume she left her fabulous BEE card
off because she knows I'm now the proud owner of it and can see it any time I want.
It's on permanent display in my craft room now.

Here's Tricia...

WOW! It's the end of another year, I can't believe it.  It's also bittersweet because our beloved, Dot, is retiring from her watercolor design team position.  We have been so blessed to have her with us and we wish her all the love and luck in the world, we love you Dot!  

It's time for our first Top 5 of 2022 watercolor cards.  Here are the ones I chose.

I love this snowy mailbox, so simple yet beautiful.



This one came out in "waves" so to speak. It started as a halloween costume.



I love creating glass ornaments.  This little snowman was perfect!



Trying to stretch my stamps and this little honey bear was a great practice.  I love him!



And always love lighthouses!



Thank you to everyone, especially Renee Matarese, for their love and support every day.  You are the best group of people and we are so blessed to be along your watercolor journey.  See you next year.


Now for Karen's selections.
She paints in a soft and lovely style that we all love.







We hope you loved all of our Design Team creations this year.  They are here to provide
you with inspiration and are often inspired by your work as well.  Keep sharing your art
and stay tuned for a special Watercolor DT announcement soon.  We'll see you back here
on January 7th, 2023 for our first Watercolor Weekend of the new year.




3 comments:

Karen Day said...

Amazing choices as your Top 5, Dot & Tricia!! Love painting with you both.

Dot J Freel said...

Wow! I'm teary eyed reading this wonderful post Renee. I love you all and I've had so much joy, love and pride being on the Ai Watercolor Team. I love the entire Krebs family. I will miss you all so much! But I will be around still for sure. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!! What an amazing post full of beautiful artwork!! I seriously can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2023!! And such a lovely tribute to Dot! We will definitely miss you being on the team, Dot! But I know you're going to be around and we'll still be able to see your spectacular creations! Thank you watercolor Design Team! You are such a wonderful inspiration to us all!!